Netball Association of Malawi (Nam) has attracted Malawi National Council of Sport’s wrath after delaying to submit a report on Malawi national netball team’s trip to South Africa last month.
Nam was supposed to submit the report which comprises financial and technical segments on return from South Africa where the Queens were humbled.
Queens lost to South Africa’s Spar Proteas by huge in margins in three Test Series.
Sports Council acting Executive Secretary Henry Mereka said they were disappointed that Nam was failing to give an account on the technical and financial aspect of the Test Series, having approached the association.
“It is almost a month now since they returned from South Africa. Up to now, there is no report from them. I do not know what they are doing but I personally approached them because I am also answerable for this,” he said.
Sports Council reportedly gave Nam K60 million to prepare for the three friendlies.
Nam General Secretary Carol Bapu could not state what caused the delay but indicated the report could be ready soon.
“The reports are being finalised and they will be ready before Friday next week,” Bapu said on Thursday evening.
During last month’s Spar International Netball 3 Test, the Queens lost the first match 65-25 before a 62-29 loss and wrapped up with 69-28 defeat.
Some pundits accused the Queens of using old legs.