One Dead, Two Hospitalized After Eating Poisonous Food In Mangochi

By Staff Reporter

A 2-year-old boy, Faruk lssah, has died while his two elder brothers Haji Issah, 12 and Yulard lssah, 10, are admitted at Makanjira Health Centre after eating wild beans locally known as ndozi.

According to Mangochi Police Public Relations Officer Amina Tepani Daudi, the tragedy happened on September 13, 2021 at Malufu Village Traditional Authority Makanjira in the district.

It is reported that, on the previous day before the incident, the mother to the three Zione lndia, 38, cooked wild beans which she got from nearby Langwe hill.

Amina Tepani Daudi

The same night, all the family members fell sick and became unconscious soon after eating the beans.

They were rushed to Makanjira Health Centre where Faruk was pronounced dead upon arrival.

The two siblings are receiving treatment at the same hospital while the mother was treated as outpatient.

Meanwhile specimen of the suspected food poisoning has been collected for further examination.

The deceased hailed from Malufu Village Traditional Authority Makanjira in Mangochi.


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *